Freeport in Nassau County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
the US Navy. Department was
unveiled on July 4, 1902 by
the DBP Mott Post of the
Grand Army of the Republic.
Erected 2015 by William G. Pomeroy Foundation. (Marker Number 15.)
Location. 40° 39.411′ N, 73° 34.977′ W. Marker is in Freeport, New York, in Nassau County. Marker is at the intersection of North Main Street and Church Street, on the right when traveling south on North Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Freeport NY 11520, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The First Public School in Freeport (here, next to this marker); Freeport Bank (within shouting distance of this marker); Freeport Methodist Episcopal Church (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Washington Tour 1790 (approx. 4 miles away); To commemorate the 1st crossing from east to west and the 1st double crossing of the Atlantic by air (approx. 5 miles away); Camp Albert Mills (approx. 5.2 miles away); Polish Freedom Fighters Memorial (approx. 5.3 miles away); The "Comfort Women" (approx. 5.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Freeport.
Regarding Trubia Rifle.
Categories. • Military •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 7, 2017. This page originally submitted on August 7, 2017, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 94 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 7, 2017, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California.