Big Rapids in Mecosta County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Caption - upper image
This store was located at 114 S. Michigan Ave., where Rogers Jewelers is now located.
Caption - lower image
The J. C. Penney Co. and the A & P Food Store (right) occupied two buildings in this location. The Furniture Block building, erected in 1882, stood on the corner of Elm and Michigan and housed the Big Rapids Furniture Company, and later A & P Food Store.
Location. 43° 41.853′ N, 85° 28.908′ W. Marker is in Big Rapids, Michigan, in Mecosta County. Marker is on South Michigan Avenue, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is about 190 feet north of Elm Street. Marker is at or near this postal address: 119 South Michigan Avenue, Big Rapids MI 49307, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. A different marker also named Historic Downtown (within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named Historic Downtown (within shouting distance of this marker); Nisbett Block (within shouting distance of this marker); Fairman Building (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Ferris State College Historic Downtown (about 400 feet away); a different marker also named Historic Downtown (about 400 feet away); First United Methodist Church (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Big Rapids.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 8, 2017. This page originally submitted on August 8, 2017, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 66 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 8, 2017, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.