Tangier in Accomack County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
New Testament Congregation
The New Testament Mission House was once the home of teacher Alfred Benson (1893-1963) who taught at the Canaan Ridge School.
Rev. James Richardson
J. Richardson supervising church construction - Wheatley, 1957
Erected by Tangier History Museum & Interpretive Cultural Center.
Location. 37° 49.439′ N, 75° 59.502′ W. Marker is in Tangier, Virginia, in Accomack County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Ridge Road and Dise Lane, on the left when traveling south on Main Ridge Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Tangier VA 23440, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Gravestones (within shouting distance of this marker); The Patrick Benson House (within shouting distance of this marker); Peter Crockett Store (within shouting distance of this marker); The Doctor's House (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Chesapeake House (about Tangier Volunteer Fire Department (about 600 feet away); The Peter Dise House (about 600 feet away); First Mobile Home (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Tangier.
Also see . . . Tangier History Museum & Interpretive Cultural Center. (Submitted on August 14, 2017.)
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 14, 2017. This page originally submitted on August 14, 2017, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. This page has been viewed 50 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 14, 2017, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.