Tangier in Accomack County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
It is here that President and Mrs. Woodrow Wilson came ashore April 1st, 1916 on a surprise visit to Tangier.
The waterfront at Tangier's Island - Harper's Magazine, 1914
Erected by Tangier History Museum & Interpretive Cultural Center.
Location. 37° 49.256′ N, 75° 59.519′ W. Marker is in Tangier, Virginia, in Accomack County. Marker is at the intersection of Bannys Road and Factory Road, on the right when traveling south on Bannys Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Tangier VA 23440, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Tangier Volunteer Fire Department (about The Patrick Benson House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Old Shirt Factory (approx. 0.2 miles away); New Testament Congregation (approx. 0.2 miles away); Gravestones (approx. ¼ mile away); Peter Crockett Store (approx. ¼ mile away); The Miss Minnie & Capt. Charlie Pruitt House (approx. ¼ mile away); Lee’s Bethel (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Tangier.
Also see . . . Tangier History Museum and Interpretive Cultural Center. (Submitted on August 14, 2017.)
Categories. • Disasters • Industry & Commerce • Politics • Waterways & Vessels •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 14, 2017. This page originally submitted on August 14, 2017, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. This page has been viewed 71 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 14, 2017, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.