Pentwater in Oceana County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Pentwater Wire Products
Prior to 1887 Sands & Maxwell owned the two story framed blacksmith/wagon shop.
1887 Jonathan Halstead covered the wooden walls and erected two brick buildings, manufacturing carriages, wagons and sleighs.
1893-1895 It became Haltead Table Company and son Daniel joins the business.
1910-1912 It became Saunders & Chase Company. They invented the "Pentwater Boy" net lifter and sold them to commercial fisherman.
1916 Daniel Halstead organizes Pentwater Machinery Company.
1942 World War II the company becomes a defense plant until V-J day.
1946 In post WW II a 15,000 sq. ft second floor was added, fully equipped and remodeled for the peace time production of their number one product the Picni-kook.
1950 The building was closed.
1956 It reopened as the Pentwater Wire Products and expanded to 68,00 sq. ft.
Erected by Pentwater Historical Society.
Location. 43° 46.639′ N, 86° 25.89′ W. Marker is in Pentwater, Michigan, in Oceana County. Marker is at the intersection of South Carroll Street and Fifth Avenue, on the right when traveling north on South Carroll Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 474 South Carroll Street, Pentwater MI 49449, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. The Lumber Industry (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Brass Anchor (about 300 feet away); Graveyard of Ships / Veterans' Day Storm (about 400 feet away); Ships and Shipping (about 400 feet away); Lites Drug Store (about 800 feet away); White Elephant (approx. 0.2 miles away); Pet Hollywood (approx. 0.2 miles away); Gustafson's (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Pentwater.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 17, 2017. This page originally submitted on August 16, 2017, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 80 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 16, 2017, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.