Pentwater in Oceana County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
(Built with Pentwater Brick)
1884 Lot was bought by Mr. Klingbeil
1886 Labonta & Metro built the wood framed store, veneered with Pentwater brick and installed a metal roof.
1887 Mr. Klingbeil ran a Merchant, Tailor and Drapery Store
1905 Mr. Carney purchased the building
1926-1956 Mark Patsy McMahon's Barber Shop
1956 Tom & Barb Gregwer opened the Drift-in Restaurant
1969 Expanded restaurant and converted the upper level into bedrooms
1984 Don Fres Land & Lake Sports Shop
1990 Painted Pony and Tea Room
2004 J. Morgan Jewelers
2007 Pet Hollywood
Erected by Pentwater Historical Society.
Location. 43° 46.801′ N, 86° 25.975′ W. Marker is in Pentwater, Michigan, in Oceana County. Marker is at the intersection of South Hancock Street (Business U.S. 31) and Second Street, on the right when traveling north on South Hancock Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 190 South Hancock Street, Pentwater MI 49449, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Gustafson's (a few steps from this marker); Cosmic Candy (a few steps from this marker); White Elephant (within shouting distance of this marker); Lites Drug Store (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Pentwater Methodist Church (about 400 feet away); Ships and Shipping (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Lumber Industry (approx. 0.2 miles away); Graveyard of Ships / Veterans' Day Storm (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Pentwater.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 21, 2017. This page originally submitted on August 21, 2017, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 95 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 21, 2017, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.