Pentwater in Oceana County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
1800's Mr. Bougas Livery Stable business
1915 David Eisenlohr purchased the building and continued the livery business and used a portion for auto parts and repairs
1920 Remodeled, installed gas pump and reopened as a full standard oil service station
1981 Gustafson's Boutique Clothing opened
2002-2003 Became a mini-mall open during the summer
2004 Schultz Patio Creation — The Secret Garden
2006 Cosmic Candy owned by John Nagel and Greg Lopus
Erected by Pentwater Historical Marker.
Location. 43° 46.814′ N, 86° 25.976′ W. Marker is in Pentwater, Michigan, in Oceana County. Marker is on South Hancock Street (Business U.S. 31) north of Second Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is hidden by the brick pillar on the left side of the building. Marker is at or near this postal address: 168 South Hancock Street, Pentwater MI 49449, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Pet Hollywood (a few steps from this marker); Gustafson's (within shouting distance of this marker); White Elephant (about The Pentwater Methodist Church (about 300 feet away); Lites Drug Store (about 400 feet away); Ships and Shipping (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Lumber Industry (approx. 0.2 miles away); Graveyard of Ships / Veterans' Day Storm (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Pentwater.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 22, 2017. This page originally submitted on August 21, 2017, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 217 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 21, 2017, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.