Thunder Bay in Thunder Bay District, Ontario — Central Canada
The dynamic "Minister of Everything", Massachusetts-born Clarence Decatur Howe immigrated to Canada in 1908 and established an engineering firm in Port Arthur in 1916. Elected to the House of Commons in 1935, he was a dominate figure in Liberal cabinets for over two decades. Howe forged strong links between his party and the business community, and was a driving force in the rapid industrialization of Canada in both war and peace. He played a leading role in the creation of many crown corporations including Trans-Canada Airlines and Atomic Energy of Canada.
Erected by Historic Sites and Monuments Board of Canada.
Location. 48° 26.278′ N, 89° 12.75′ W. Marker is in Thunder Bay, Ontario, in Thunder Bay District. Marker can be reached from Marina Park Drive. Touch for map. Marker is located in a parking area off Marina Park Drive between parking area and the Marina Park Overpass. Marker is in this post office area: Thunder Bay, Ontario P7A, Canada.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 kilometers of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Sir William C. Van Horne (approx. 0.4 kilometers away); Thunder Bay Tourist Pagoda (approx. 0.6 kilometers away); The Reverend Richard Baxter, S.J., 1821-1904 Connaught Square (approx. 0.8 kilometers away); Col. Elizabeth Smellie 1884-1968 (approx. one kilometer away); Simon James Dawson (approx. 1.6 kilometers away); Cummins Site (approx. 1.7 kilometers away); Lakehead University (approx. 4 kilometers away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Thunder Bay.
Also see . . . Wikipedia - C.D. Howe. (Submitted on August 22, 2017, by Kevin Craft of Bedford, Quebec.)
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Notable Persons • Politics •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 22, 2017. This page originally submitted on August 22, 2017, by Kevin Craft of Bedford, Quebec. This page has been viewed 116 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 22, 2017, by Kevin Craft of Bedford, Quebec.