John Day in Grant County, Oregon — The American West (Northwest)
The Adventist Christian Church
This church was built in the late 1890s by an Advent Christian minister. Dedicated in 1900 it was used for worship until the 1930s. After this congregation disbanded, the church was vacant for several years. During the early 1940s the church was utilized by other denominations until acquired by Seventh-Day Adventists in 1947.
placed on the
of Historic Places
by the United States
Department of the Interior
Location. 44° 24.995′ N, 118° 57.173′ W. Marker is in John Day, Oregon, in Grant County. Marker is at the intersection of U.S. 26 and Bridge Street, on the right when traveling west on U.S. 26. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: John Day OR 97845, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. John Day/Canyon City (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Welcome to Kam Wah Chung (approx. 0.2 miles away); Civilian Conservation Corps (approx. 0.3 miles away); As told by an old timer (approx. 1.8 miles away); Welcome To Canyon City (approx. 1.9 miles away); Canyon City Mural (approx. 2 miles away); St Thomas Episcopal Church (approx. 2 miles away); Welcome to Magone Lake (approx. 9.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in John Day.
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on September 8, 2017. This page originally submitted on August 28, 2017, by Don Hann of Canyon City, Oregon. This page has been viewed 72 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on August 28, 2017, by Don Hann of Canyon City, Oregon. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.