Titusville in Crawford County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Titusville Iron Company, 1860
Over time, the industrial complex grew to encompass a giant square of Titusville. Struthers Wells Corporation closed most of the Titusville Iron Works in 1963 and subdivided the facility. Since then, Day's Home Furnishings, Grand Valley Manufacturing Company, Buffalo Structural Steel Corporation, and Charter Plastics, Inc. have occupied parts of the enormous Iron Company buildings.
Construction and interior views show the large scale of Iron Works buildings and the manufacture of boilers.
Damage from the great 1892 flood and fire hastened brick construction to replace wooden buildings.
Erected by City of Titusville, Oil Region Alliance.
Location. 41° 37.462′ Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 106 West Mechanic Street, Titusville PA 16354, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Western NY and PA Railway Freight Station, 1892 (within shouting distance of this marker); Titusville Trust Company, 1919 (approx. 0.2 miles away); Titusville Oil Exchange (approx. 0.2 miles away); Oil Creek (approx. ¼ mile away); St. Titus Church (approx. 0.3 miles away); Roberts Torpedo (approx. half a mile away); Ida M. Tarbell (approx. half a mile away); John A. Mather (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Titusville.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 31, 2017. This page originally submitted on August 31, 2017, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 93 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 31, 2017, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.