Brooklet in Bulloch County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
When the town was incorporated in 1907, Dr. Lane was elected its first Mayor. Brooklet became a thriving community in eastern Bulloch County with a school, bank, electric plant, telephone company, general merchandise stores, and a large lumber mill owned by J.N. Shearouse. His Shearouse Railroad intersected with the S & S Railroad near the center of town. Early churches were Methodist (1904), Baptist (1907), St. Marys AME Church (1907), and Primitive Baptist (1917). Little Bethel Baptist (1893) relocated to Brooklet in 1953.
Erected by The Bulloch County Historical Society, sponsored by the Jack N. & Addie D. Averitt Foundation.
Location. Touch for map. The marker is actually located on North Parker Street less than 100 feet north of East Lee Street. Marker is at or near this postal address: 110 N. Parker Avenue, Brooklet GA 30415, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. John Abbot (1751-1839) (approx. 5.2 miles away); John Abbot 1751 - 1840 (approx. 5.6 miles away); Upper Black Creek Church (approx. 5.9 miles away); Upper Black Creek Primitive Baptist Church (approx. 5.9 miles away); Savannah & Statesboro Railway (approx. 7.2 miles away); Statesboro High School (approx. 7.3 miles away); Harville House (approx. 7.6 miles away); New Hope Methodist Church (approx. 7.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Brooklet.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on September 2, 2017. This page originally submitted on September 2, 2017, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 110 times since then and 28 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 2, 2017, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia.