Myersville in Frederick County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The first church in the Myersville area was the Jerusalem Church north of town. Formed in the 1700s it served several faith communities.
In 1815 the Church of the United Brethren in Christ was organized. It eventually became Mt. Zion United Methodist Church. The present church building was completed at the north end of Main Street in 1927.
St. Paul's Lutheran Church in the center of town was organized October 25. 1851 and the church was built in 1852. In 1913 members of the Church of the Brethren branched out and built the Myersville Church of the Brethren in the south end of town.
These churches, along with their historical cemeteries, are a constant reminder of the important place religion had in molding the community.
Location. 39° 30.396′ N, 77° 33.987′ W. Marker is in Myersville, Maryland, in Frederick County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Main Street and Trolley Lane. Touch for map. This marker is in Myersville's Memorial Park. Marker is in this post office area: Myersville MD 21773, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this The H & F Trolley (here, next to this marker); Trolley Station (a few steps from this marker); Farming in the Valley (a few steps from this marker); The First Churches of Western Maryland (approx. 1.4 miles away); 1862 Antietam Campaign (approx. 2.2 miles away); The Bill Pate Portal (approx. 2.2 miles away); The Dwight D. Eisenhower Highway (approx. 2.2 miles away); Gettysburg Campaign (approx. 2.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Myersville.
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on September 7, 2017. This page originally submitted on September 5, 2017, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. This page has been viewed 60 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 5, 2017, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.