Baker City in Baker County, Oregon — The American West (Northwest)
The building was constructed in 1908 for Frank W. Bishop, who operated a plumbing and hardware business in half of the building and rented the other half. Bishop also had mining interests in Baker County.
Following the 1940 fire, the upper facade of the building was covered by a solid plaster front. The plaster was removed in 1987 to restore the building’s original appearance.
Erected by Historic Baker City, Inc.
Location. 44° 46.698′ N, 117° 49.776′ W. Marker is in Baker City, Oregon, in Baker County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street (Oregon Route 7) and Broadway Street, on the right when traveling north on Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2100 Main Street, Baker City OR 97814, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Basche-Sage Hardware Co. Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Gwilliam Brothers Bakery McCord House and Shop (within shouting distance of this marker); Baker Loan and Trust Building (within shouting distance of this marker); The Masonic Temple (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Lynndale Building (about 300 feet away); Geiser Grand Hotel (about 500 feet away); Miller's Lunch Building (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Baker City.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on September 8, 2017. This page originally submitted on September 8, 2017, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 77 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 8, 2017, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California.