Baker City in Baker County, Oregon — The American West (Northwest)
Miller's Lunch Building
Baker City Historic District
—Established 1874 —
Glenn Miller, a local candy-maker, moved his business to the building not long after it was constructed. Miller and his wife, Geneva, expanded their business into a regular restaurant called Miller's Lunch. They lived in an apartment in the adjacent building to the west. After the Millers retired, the business was operated under the same name for many years by several other owners.
The exterior of the building was renovated to its 1920s appearance in 1982.
Erected by Historic Baker City, Inc.
Location. 44° 46.622′ N, 117° 49.799′ W. Marker is in Baker City, Oregon, in Baker County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Main Street (Oregon Route 7) and Washington Avenue, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1937 Main Street, Baker City OR 97814, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Smoke Shop (a few steps from this marker); Miller Apartment Building (within shouting distance Geiser Grand Hotel (within shouting distance of this marker); Gerstle-Solomon Building (was within shouting distance of this marker but has been reported missing. ); Antlers Hotel (within shouting distance of this marker); Lynndale Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Haskell Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Kennedy Building (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Baker City.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page was last revised on September 10, 2017. This page originally submitted on September 10, 2017, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 52 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 10, 2017, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California.