Denton in Denton County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Our Confederate Soldiers
Erected by Daughters of the Confederacy in memory of our Confederate soldiers, who in heroic self-sacrifice and devoted loyalty gave their manhood and their lives to the South in her hour of need.
"Their names graved on memorial columns, are a song heard far in the future; and their examples reach a hand through all the years to meet and kindle generous purposes and mold it into acts as pure as theirs."
Erected 1918 by Daughters of the Confederacy.
Marker series. This marker is included in the United Daughters of the Confederacy marker series.
Location. 33° 12.879′ N, 97° 7.984′ W. Marker is in Denton, Texas, in Denton County. Marker is on West Hickory Street west of North State Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is on the grounds of the Denton County Courthouse. Marker is at or near this postal address: 110 West Hickory Street, Denton TX 76201, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 14 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Denton County War Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); John B. Denton (within The City of Denton (within shouting distance of this marker); Edna Westbrook Trigg in Denton County (within shouting distance of this marker); Beulah A. Harriss (approx. 0.3 miles away); Elm Fork Bridge (approx. 8.3 miles away); Plainview Cemetery (approx. 12 miles away); McCombs Cemetery (approx. 14 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Denton.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on September 20, 2017. This page originally submitted on September 19, 2017, by James R. Murray of Elkton, Florida. This page has been viewed 77 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on September 19, 2017, by James R. Murray of Elkton, Florida. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.