Decatur in Wise County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Decatur Baptist College
Entered in the National Register of Historic Places
Erected 1964 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 1197.)
Location. 33° 13.38′ N, 97° 35.204′ W. Marker is in Decatur, Texas, in Wise County. Marker is at the intersection of West Charles Street and South Trinity Street, on the left when traveling west on West Charles Street. Touch for map. Building now houses the Wise County Heritage Museum. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1602 S Trinity Street, Decatur TX 76234, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Episcopal Mission of the Ascension (approx. 0.4 miles away); Texas Tourist Camp Complex (approx. 0.6 miles away); Old Stone Prison (approx. 0.7 miles away); Wise County Messenger (approx. 0.7 miles away); Wise County C.S.A. (approx. 0.8 miles away); Wise County War Memorial (approx. 0.8 miles away); Charles Vernon Terrell (approx. 0.8 miles away); Randolph Vesey (approx. 0.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Decatur.
Also see . . . Wise County Heritage Museum. Wise County Historical Society (Submitted on September 23, 2017.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on September 23, 2017. This page originally submitted on September 20, 2017, by James R. Murray of Elkton, Florida. This page has been viewed 88 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 20, 2017, by James R. Murray of Elkton, Florida. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.