Decatur in Wise County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
First National Bank of Decatur
Erected 1983 by Texas Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 1794.)
Location. 33° 14.072′ N, 97° 35.334′ W. Marker is in Decatur, Texas, in Wise County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of West Main Street and South Lane Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 306 West Main Street, Decatur TX 76234, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Colonel Absalom Bishop (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Wise County C.S.A. (about 600 feet away); Wise County War Memorial (about 700 feet away); Charles Vernon Terrell Randolph Vesey (about 700 feet away); Captain George W. Stevens (about 700 feet away); Wise County Messenger (approx. 0.2 miles away); Old Stone Prison (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Decatur.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on September 25, 2017. This page originally submitted on September 20, 2017, by James R. Murray of Elkton, Florida. This page has been viewed 78 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 20, 2017, by James R. Murray of Elkton, Florida. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.