Arkansas Post in Arkansas County, Arkansas — The American South (West South Central)
Stone from Ruins of Old Bank
Ruins of Old Bank, built
Arkansas Post, 1839.
Arkansas Post State Park.
Created by Act of Legislature 1929.
Introduced by Ballard Deane,
Representative, Arkansas County.
Act signed by Harvey Parnell,
J.W. Burnett, Dewitt, Ark. Chairman.
D.T. Herndon, Little Rock, Ark. Sec'y.
Mrs. J.F. Weinmann, Little Rock, Ark.
Mrs. Chas. H. Miller, Little Rock, Ark.
Miss Janie Woodruff, Little Rock, Ark.
Mrs. M.F. Sigmon, Monticello, Ark.
Mrs. J.L. Rosencrantz, Goldman, Ark.
Mrs. Geo. C. Lewis, Stuttgart, Ark.
Mrs. C.J. Brain, Stuttgart, Ark.
Mrs. W.W. Lowe, Gillett, Ark.
Fletcher Chenault, Little Rock, Ark.
S.G. Catlett, Dardenelle, Ark.
P.C. Howson, Pine Bluff, Ark.
Location. 34° 1.052′ N, 91° 20.847′ W. Marker is in Arkansas Post, Arkansas, in Arkansas County. Marker can be reached from Old Post Road 0.7 miles south of State Route 169. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1741 Old Post Road, Gillett AR 72055, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers The European Settlement (a few steps from this marker); The Post under Spain (within shouting distance of this marker); The French Period (within shouting distance of this marker); The Post of Arkansas (within shouting distance of this marker); Republican France (within shouting distance of this marker); The American Era (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Edge of Empires (about 800 feet away); The Colbert Raid (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Arkansas Post.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on September 20, 2017. This page originally submitted on September 20, 2017, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 80 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 20, 2017, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.