Claremont in Sullivan County, New Hampshire — The American Northeast (New England)
First Roman Catholic Church
Southerly on Old Church Road is located the first Roman Catholic edifice in New Hampshire. It was erected in 1823 under the direction of the Reverend Virgil Horace Barber, S.J. The building serves St. Mary's parish and contained the first Roman Catholic school in the State.
Erected 2002 by New Hampshire Division of Historical Resources. (Marker Number 041.)
Location. 43° 23.534′ N, 72° 22.567′ W. Marker is in Claremont, New Hampshire, in Sullivan County. Marker is at the intersection of New Hampshire Route 12 and Plains Road on State Route 12. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Claremont NH 03743, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Union Church (approx. ¾ mile away); Historic Handshake (approx. 2.3 miles away); William Jarvis (approx. 3 miles away in Vermont); Salmon Portland Chase (approx. 4.4 miles away); Cornish-Windsor Bridge (approx. 5.6 miles away); North Charlestown Village (approx. 6 miles away); Salmond Bridge (approx. 6.1 miles away in Vermont); Constitution House (approx. 6.4 miles away in Vermont). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Claremont.
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on October 30, 2017. This page originally submitted on October 30, 2017, by Kevin Craft of Bedford, Quebec. This page has been viewed 61 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on October 30, 2017, by Kevin Craft of Bedford, Quebec.