Lebanon in Wilson County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
A.C. Wharton Market
He began operating a grocery store in the 1940's when a farm injury prevented him from farming.
Mr. and Mrs Wharton's overriding concern was a formal education for their five children. They inspired them to become leaders in the field of education, law, medicine and government. Each year Cumberland University awards a scholarship in Mr. Wharton's honor.
Mr. and Mrs. A. C. Wharton retired in 1984 from the grocery store and restaurant supply business.
The family donated the original A. C. Wharton Store to Fiddlers Grove in 2003.
Location. 36° 11.926′ N, 86° 16.405′ W. Marker is in Lebanon, Tennessee, in Wilson County. Marker can be reached from East Baddour Parkway. Touch for map. Fiddler's Grove Historic Village. Marker is at or near this postal address: 945 E Baddour Pkwy, Lebanon TN 37087, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least Dedman's Store (here, next to this marker); Dr. James Edmond Fisher's Office (here, next to this marker); The Civil War In Lebanon (within shouting distance of this marker); James E. Ward (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Wheeler School (about 600 feet away); Tates Crossing Flag Station (about 600 feet away); Tucker's Gap Depot (about 600 feet away); Pete Smith's Store (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lebanon.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page was last revised on November 1, 2017. This page originally submitted on October 30, 2017, by Karen Emerson-McPeak of Triune, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 47 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 30, 2017, by Karen Emerson-McPeak of Triune, Tennessee. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.