Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
White Oak in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Fort Reburn

 
 
Fort Reburn Marker image. Click for full size.
circa February 13, 2016
1. Fort Reburn Marker
Inscription. Original site of a blockhouse built by area settlers as protection from Indians. The patent was acquired in 1788 by one of the builders, Adam Reburn and become known as “Fort Reburn.” Reburnís 218ľ - acre homestead, “Galilee.” was purchased in 1834 by John Jones Muse, Esq. In whose family it remained until it became part of the Allegheny Regional Parks System in 1967. Muse was the son of Fauntleroy Muse, Lieutenant of the Indian Wars and soldiers of the American Revolution.
 
Erected 1972 by Queen Aliquippa Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution, McKeesport Pennsylvania.
 
Location. 40° 20.447′ N, 79° 47.025′ W. Marker is in White Oak, Pennsylvania, in Allegheny County. Marker is on Muse Lane. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1949 Muse Lane, McKeesport PA 15131, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Braddock's Last Encampment (approx. 1.8 miles away); David McKee (approx. 2.2 miles away); Helen Richey (approx. 2.3 miles away); Long Run Church (approx. 2.4 miles away); Braddock's Military Road 1755 "Three Springs" Camp (approx. 2.6 miles away); Queen Aliquippa (approx. 2.9 miles away); Arthur J. Rooney (approx. 3.2 miles away); Duquesne Steel Works (approx. 3.9 miles away).
 
Categories. Wars, US Indian
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on November 7, 2017. This page originally submitted on November 5, 2017. This page has been viewed 55 times since then. Photo   1. submitted on November 5, 2017. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement