Tuckers Gap Depot
John Bell Tarver donated the rights-of-way on his farm for the railroad and also the land on which the depot was built in c-1870.
Mr. Tarver was the Postmaster at the Post Office, which was located inside the depot, until his death in 1906. Nannie Tarver, daughter of John Bell Tarver, brought eggs, dairy products, vegetables and cut flowers from the farm to sell at the station.
A legendary tale about Nannie Tarver; upon hearing the train whistle at the "cut"; the hill was cut into halves for a flat track; she would change into her "good clothes" and run to meet the train when it reached the depot.
In 1909, the railroad first placed the Nashville to Lebanon Stage Coach Line, and finally the last section of the original stage coach line from Watertown to Smithville.
The Tuckers Gap Depot was bought at auction in 2005 and moved to Fiddlers Grove.
Location. 36° 11.938′ N, 86° 16.537′ W. Marker is in Lebanon, Tennessee, in Wilson County. Marker can be reached from East Baddour Parkway. Touch for map. Located in Fiddler's Grove Historic Village James E Ward Center Road. Marker is in this post office area: Lebanon TN 37087, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this
Categories. • Railroads & Streetcars • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on December 5, 2017. This page originally submitted on November 6, 2017, by Karen Emerson-McPeak of Triune, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 47 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 6, 2017, by Karen Emerson-McPeak of Triune, Tennessee. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.