Idaho Falls in Bonneville County, Idaho — The American West (Mountains)
Upper Snake River Valley Irrigation
Erected 1956 by Bingham, Bonneville, Jefferson, Madison and Freemont Counties, Daughters of the Utah Pioneers. (Marker Number 228.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of Utah Pioneers marker series.
Location. 43° 29.822′ N, 112° 2.485′ Touch for map. Marker is located just west of the traffic roundabout, in the park overlooking the Snake River, along the Idaho Falls Greenbelt Trail. Marker is in this post office area: Idaho Falls ID 83403, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Eagle Rock Meeting House (a few steps from this marker); The Idaho Falls LDS Hospital and School of Nursing (within shouting distance of this marker); Snake River Bridge (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Prisoners of War in Idaho Falls (approx. 0.2 miles away); Native American Encampments (approx. 0.2 miles away); Idaho Falls Idaho Temple (approx. 0.2 miles away); Eagle Rock Ferry (approx. 0.4 miles away); Taylor's Bridge (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Idaho Falls.
More about this marker. Metal tablet mounted on large granite marker with extensive artwork
Categories. • Agriculture • Man-Made Features • Settlements & Settlers • Waterways & Vessels •
Credits. This page was last revised on November 9, 2017. This page originally submitted on November 7, 2017, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 52 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on November 9, 2017, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.