Near Lenore in Clearwater County, Idaho — The American West (Mountains)
Served as the steamboat port for the Clearwater Gold Rush
which followed mineral discoveries at Pierce in 1860
Erected by Idaho Historical Society & Idaho Transportation Department. (Marker Number 250.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Idaho State Historical Society marker series.
Location. 46° 30.671′ N, 116° 33.679′ W. Marker is near Lenore, Idaho, in Clearwater County. Marker is on U.S. 12 0.6 miles west of Lenore Grade, on the right. Touch for map. Marker is located in a pull-out on the north side of US Highway 12, overlooking the Clearwater River. Marker is in this post office area: Lenore ID 83541, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 2 other markers are within 13 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Lenore Tram (approx. half a mile away); St. Joseph's Mission (approx. 12½ miles away).
More about this marker.
Categories. • Exploration • Settlements & Settlers • Waterways & Vessels •
Credits. This page was last revised on November 9, 2017. This page originally submitted on November 8, 2017, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 40 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 8, 2017, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.