Valdosta in Lowndes County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Valdosta Street Railroad Company Waiting Station, 1917
Erected 1993 by The Valdosta Town Committee.
Location. 30° 50.897′ N, 83° 17.249′ W. Marker is in Valdosta, Georgia, in Lowndes County. Marker is at the intersection of North Patterson Avenue and East Brookwood Place, on the left when traveling north on North Patterson Avenue. Touch for map. East Brookwood Place is closed off just short of North Patterson Avenue to make a pedestrian path. The station stands next to an unnamed campus road to the west which goes around Brown Hall. Marker is in this post office area: Valdosta GA 31601, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Drexel Park (approx. 0.2 miles away); First Presbyterian Church Lowndes County (approx. 1.2 miles away); Christian Science Church (approx. 1.2 miles away); Valdosta Institute (approx. 1.2 miles away); Old Carnegie Library (approx. 1.3 miles away); Primitive Baptist Church (approx. 1.3 miles away); Site of Cotton Exchange (approx. 1.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Valdosta.
Categories. • Education • Railroads & Streetcars •
Credits. This page was last revised on November 15, 2017. This page originally submitted on November 8, 2017, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 48 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 8, 2017, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia.