Clarkson in Monroe County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Established April 2, 1819
as part of Murray;
named for General Matthew
Clarkson, early land owner
and Brigidier General, New
York State Militia.
Church oldest rural church
structure in Monroe County,
Erected 1976 by County of Monroe.
Location. 43° 13.967′ N, 77° 55.662′ W. Marker is in Clarkson, New York, in Monroe County. Marker is at the intersection of Lake Road North (New York State Route 19) and West Ridge Road (New York State Route 104), on the right when traveling north on Lake Road North. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 3710 Lake Road North, Brockport NY 14420, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. In Commemoration of the Sacrifice (here, next to this marker); Henry R. Selden (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Philip Boss (about 400 feet away); Clarkson Community Church (about 500 feet away); Henry Martin House - 1829 (approx. 0.2 miles away); Home of Simeon B. Jewett Lewis Swift (approx. ¼ mile away); Brockport and the Canal (approx. 1.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Clarkson.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on November 12, 2017. This page originally submitted on November 12, 2017, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 66 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 12, 2017, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.