Georgetown in Washington, District of Columbia — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The building commemorates Father Ferdinand Poulton, S.J. a founding member of the American Jesuit Community, who arrived in Maryland in 1638. The building was acquired under the College Building Program of the Federal Works Agency.
Health Education Services - First Floor
Department of Arabic & Islamic Studies - Second Floor
Elevator to Second Floor
Center for Social Justice Research, Teaching and Service - First Floor
Mask and Bauble Dramatic Society - Stage III - First Floor
Department of Performing Arts Faculty Offices - First Floor
Department of Linguistics - Second Floor
Mask and Bauble Dramatic Society Office - Lower Level
Erected by Georgetown University.
Location. 38° 54.45′ N, 77° 4.292′ W. Marker is in Georgetown, District of Columbia, in Washington. Marker is at the intersection of 37th Street NW and O Street NW, on the right on 37th Street NW. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1419 37th Street NW, Washington DC 20007, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. America's Oldest Catholic University Restoration of Georgetown’s Call Boxes (a few steps from this marker); John Carroll (within shouting distance of this marker); Healy Hall (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); La Casa Latina (about 300 feet away); The Black House (about 300 feet away); John Fitzgerald Kennedy (about 400 feet away); Holy Trinity Parish (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Georgetown.
Also see . . . Poulton Hall. (Submitted on November 13, 2017, by Devry Jones of Silver Spring, Maryland.)
Categories. • Architecture • Churches & Religion • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on November 16, 2017. This page originally submitted on November 13, 2017, by Devry Jones of Silver Spring, Maryland. This page has been viewed 50 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on November 13, 2017, by Devry Jones of Silver Spring, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.