Bogalusa in Washington Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
At This Very Site
At this very site, along the banks of the Bogue Lusa "Black Water" Creek, in 1906, this Great Southern Lumber Company's tent Colony marked the birthplace of the City of Bogalusa.
Erected by the Museums of Cassidy Park.
Location. 30° 46.98′ N, 89° 52.056′ W. Marker is in Bogalusa, Louisiana, in Washington Parish. Marker is on Willis Avenue west of Cumberland Street (State Road 50), on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Bogalusa LA 70427, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 4 other markers are within 12 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Bogalusa's Birthplace (about 800 feet away, measured in a direct line); Robert "Bob" Hicks/ Robert "Bob" Hicks Street (approx. 1½ miles away); Deputy O'Neal Moore (approx. 8 miles away); Old Choctaw Trail (approx. 11½ miles away).
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on November 18, 2017. This page originally submitted on November 18, 2017, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 79 times since then and 26 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 18, 2017.