Pineville in Rapides Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
Mount Olivet Chapel
Oldest Structure in Pineville. It was completed in 1857. At one time during the Civil War, it served as barracks for the Federals. Mount Olivet now serves as a chapel of the Episcopal Diocese of Louisiana.
Erected 1971 by Pineville Jaycees.
Location. 31° 19.065′ N, 92° 26.343′ W. Marker is in Pineville, Louisiana, in Rapides Parish. Marker can be reached from Main Street (Business U.S. 165) south of Ball Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 335 Main Street, Pineville LA 71360, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Mount Olivet Cemetery and Chapel (a few steps from this marker); Pineville #4 (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); 300 Block Main Street (about 400 feet away); The Jewish Cemetery (about 500 feet away); Red Hill (about 700 feet away); 200 Block of Main Street (about 700 feet away); The Foot of Red Hill (approx. 0.2 miles away); Pineville #3 (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Pineville.
Categories. • Churches & Religion • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on November 25, 2017. This page originally submitted on November 22, 2017, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 83 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 25, 2017.