Idaho Falls in Bonneville County, Idaho — The American West (Mountains)
Idaho Falls Idaho Temple
Erected 2012 by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Location. 43° 29.942′ N, 112° 2.669′ W. Marker is in Idaho Falls, Idaho, in Bonneville County. Marker is on River Parkway half a mile north of West Broadway Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is located on the Idaho Falls Greenbelt Trail, overlooking the Snake
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Native American Encampments (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Snake River Bridge (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Idaho Falls LDS Hospital and School of Nursing (approx. 0.2 miles away); Keefer's Island (approx. 0.2 miles away); Prisoners of War in Idaho Falls (approx. 0.2 miles away); Eagle Rock Meeting House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Upper Snake River Valley Irrigation (approx. 0.2 miles away); Eagle Rock Ferry (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Idaho Falls.
Also see . . .
1. Idaho Falls Temple.
The Idaho Falls Temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is located on the Snake River. The land was donated by the Idaho Falls Chamber of Commerce. The Temple was completed in 1945. As early as 1918, building plans had been discussed. In March 1937, it was announced that a temple was slated to be built in Idaho. The cornerstone for the Idaho Falls Temple was laid on October 19, 1940. (Submitted on November 24, 2017, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
2. Idaho Falls Temple.
Reflected in the flowing mirror of the waters of the Snake River, the Idaho Falls Temple projects an architectural strength. Constructed with heavily reinforced concrete, the temple is built to endure many centuries of use. The temple’s foundation is securely bedded on solid lava rock eighteen feet below the sandy hills on the seven-acre site donated to the Church by the city when plans were announced for a temple in Idaho Falls. (Submitted on November 24, 2017, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
3. Idaho Falls Temple pictures.
The Idaho Falls Temple was the 8th temple built in the world and the 1st in Idaho. The temple was originally dedicated on September 23, 1945 by George Albert Smith. After being closed for over a year for extensive interior renovations, it was re-dedicated on June 4, 2017. (Submitted on November 24, 2017, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
Categories. • Architecture • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on November 27, 2017. This page originally submitted on November 24, 2017, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 46 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on November 24, 2017, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.