Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Roseville in Macomb County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

Erin United Presbyterian Church

 
 
Erin United Presbyterian Church Marker image. Click for full size.
By Joel Seewald, November 26, 2017
1. Erin United Presbyterian Church Marker
Inscription. Under the leadership of the Reverend Harry N. Bissell of Mount Clemens, several families organized the First Presbyterian Church of Erin in 1860. The original thirteen members held their first services in a small schoolhouse. They were the first congregation in this community to conduct services in English. In early 1861 Thomas Common donated the present site to the church. The first church on this site, which cost less than $500, was completed in October 1861. The congregation built a new church here in 1930 and added a more modern sanctuary onto it in 1967. Dedicatory services for the expanded church were held on September 17, 1967. The church's name was changed to the First Presbyterian Church of Roseville in 1929 and to the Erin United Presbyterian Church in 1953.
 
Erected 1982 by Michigan History Division, Department of State. (Marker Number L906.)
 
Marker series. This marker is included in the Michigan Historical Commission marker series.
 
Location. 42° 31.065′ N, 82° 55.37′ W. Marker is in Roseville, Michigan, in Macomb County. Marker is at the intersection of Gratiot Avenue (State Highway 3) and Wallace Street, on the right when traveling north on Gratiot Avenue. Touch for map.
Erin United Presbyterian Church and Marker image. Click for full size.
By Joel Seewald, November 26, 2017
2. Erin United Presbyterian Church and Marker
View from the southwest. Marker is at the far left.
Marker is at or near this postal address: 30000 Gratiot Avenue, Roseville MI 48066, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Baumgartner House 1875 (approx. one mile away); Baumgartner House (approx. 1.1 miles away); Fire Apparatus Bell (approx. 1.1 miles away); Sacred Heart Church (approx. 1.1 miles away); St. John Lutheran Church and Schools (approx. 2.2 miles away); Lake St. Clair (Lac Sainte Claire) (approx. 2.3 miles away); Selinsky-Green Log House (approx. 2.4 miles away); Bunert-Weier Farm (approx. 3 miles away).
 
Additional comments.
1.
Erin Presbyterian Church merged with First Presbyterian Church of Warren in June 2017. The building is now for sale.
    — Submitted November 28, 2017, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.

 
Categories. Churches & Religion
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on November 28, 2017. This page originally submitted on November 28, 2017, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 35 times since then. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on November 28, 2017, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.
Paid Advertisement