Paris in Lamar County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
First Baptist Church of Paris
Erected 2004 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 13063.)
Location. 33° 39.575′ N, 95° 33.268′ W. Marker is in Paris, Texas, in Lamar County. Marker is at the intersection of South Church Street and East Kaufman Street, on the left when traveling south on South Church Street. Touch for map. Marker is located directly in front of subject church, on the south side of the main entrance. Marker is at or near this postal address: 207 South Church Street, Paris TX 75460, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking Robert Cooke Buckner (a few steps from this marker); Paris Fire Department (within shouting distance of this marker); Paris Public Schools (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Paris Fire, 1916 (approx. 0.2 miles away); John James Culbertson (approx. 0.2 miles away); First National Bank of Paris (approx. 0.2 miles away); Lamar County Courthouse (approx. 0.2 miles away); Lamar County, C. S. A. (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Paris.
Also see . . . First Baptist Church in Paris, Texas, c1907.
Color postcard from 1907 depicting the First Baptist Church in Paris, Texas. The church was a large red brick building with a tall bell tower. It had a wrought iron fence surrounding it. The 1895 church building was razed in the 1916 fire that swept through Paris. (Submitted on November 29, 2017, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
Categories. • Charity & Public Work • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on December 2, 2017. This page originally submitted on November 29, 2017, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 76 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 29, 2017, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.