Snyder in Scurry County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Engine No. 5
Old Roscoe, Snyder & Paciﬁc Railroad
This engine (a coal burner converted later to fuel oil) was built in 1920 in Philadelphia; placed in park in 1956.
Erected 1967 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 3802.)
Location. 32° 42.381′ N, 100° 53.346′ W. Marker is in Snyder, Texas, in Scurry County. Touch for map. Marker is behind the Western Texas College Coliseum in the Scurry County Heritage Village. Marker is at or near this postal address: 900 East Coliseum Drive, Snyder TX 79549, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Dodson House (within shouting distance of this marker); Old Snyder Graveyard (approx. one mile away); R. L. McMullan Home (approx. 1.6 miles away); Roscoe, Snyder & Pacific Railroad Company (approx. 1.7 miles away); First Baptist Church of Snyder (approx. 1.7 miles away); First Presbyterian Church First Methodist Church (approx. 1.8 miles away); Site of Sanitarium of Alonzo Orrin Scarborough (approx. 1.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Snyder.
Categories. • Railroads & Streetcars •
Credits. This page was last revised on December 1, 2017. This page originally submitted on December 1, 2017, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 87 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 1, 2017, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona.