Marietta in Cobb County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
William Root House
Erected 2010 by The Nicholas Wallingford Chapter, National Society Colonial Dames XVII Century.
Marker series. This marker is included in the National Society of Colonial Dames of America marker series.
Location. 33° 57.303′ N, 84° 33.127′ W. Marker is in Marietta, Georgia, in Cobb County. Marker is at the intersection of North Marietta Parkway (Georgia Route 120A) and Polk Street NW, on the right when traveling north on North Marietta Parkway. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 80 North Marietta Parkway, Marietta GA 30060, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Clarke Library Building (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Kennesaw House (approx. 0.2 miles away); UDC And Kennesaw House (approx. 0.2 miles away); a different marker also named Kennesaw House (approx. 0.2 miles away); 1916 Glover Machine Works Locomotive (approx. 0.2 miles away); Cobb County (approx. ¼ mile away); Old Zion Heritage Museum (approx. 0.3 miles away); Cherokee Treaty (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Marietta.
Regarding William Root House. The Root House originally
Also see . . . History of the Root House. (Submitted on December 3, 2017, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on December 3, 2017. This page originally submitted on December 3, 2017, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 62 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on December 3, 2017, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia.