Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Pearl in Rankin County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
 

Pearl Methodist Church

 
 
Pearl Methodist Church Marker image. Click for full size.
By Mark Hilton, December 3, 2017
1. Pearl Methodist Church Marker
Inscription. In 1909, James Campbell, a student pastor, organized a new church in the Pearson Community. Services were held in the Pearson School until 1921, at which time the congregation moved to this site. An abandoned church building was moved here, and the name changed to Pearl Chapel Methodist Church. A new sanctuary was built in 1990.
 
Erected 2003 by Mississippi Department of Archives and History.
 
Marker series. This marker is included in the Mississippi State Historical Marker Program marker series.
 
Location. 32° 16.271′ N, 90° 8.142′ W. Marker is in Pearl, Mississippi, in Rankin County. Marker is at the intersection of South Pearson Road (Mississippi Route 468) and Loyd Street, on the right when traveling north on South Pearson Road. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 226 South Pearson Road, Pearl MS 39208, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Gold Coast: Cross the River (approx. 2 miles away); Temple Beth Israel (approx. 3.1 miles away); Merci Train Memorial (approx. 3.2 miles away); Mississippi's Old Capitol
Pearl United Methodist Church with newer Sanctuary in background. image. Click for full size.
By Mark Hilton, December 3, 2017
2. Pearl United Methodist Church with newer Sanctuary in background.
(approx. 3.2 miles away); The Eagle and Bowman Hotels (approx. 3.3 miles away); Central Station (approx. 3.3 miles away); Jackson City Hall (approx. 3.3 miles away); Jackson Municipal Library Sit-In (approx. 3.3 miles away).
 
Categories. Churches & Religion
 
Original building used as the Pearl Methodist Church. image. Click for full size.
By Mark Hilton, December 3, 2017
3. Original building used as the Pearl Methodist Church.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on December 4, 2017. This page originally submitted on December 4, 2017, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 45 times since then. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on December 4, 2017, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.
Paid Advertisement