The Original Site of the Desert Mission
Beginnings of John C. Lincoln Hospital
Construction began in 1927 and was completed in 1930. The
Mission then consisted of nine buildings and other structures. Fire
destroyed most of the original buildings on March 6 1942. It was not
rebuilt. However, from those ashes grew John C. Lincoln Hospital and
the Desert Mission of today. The spirit of those pioneers lives on in
Erected 1992 by Sunnyslope Historical Society.
Location. 33° 34.184′ N, 112° 4.085′ W. Marker is in Phoenix, Arizona, in Maricopa County. Marker is at the intersection of Eva Street and North 5th, on the right when traveling west on Eva Street. Touch for map. Marker is in the parking lot of the Avista Senior Living ccnter. Marker is at or near this postal address: 350 E. Eva St., Phoenix AZ 85020, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. In Memory of the Students of this School who Enlisted in the Army and Navy during the World War
Categories. • Charity & Public Work • Science & Medicine •
Credits. This page was last revised on December 25, 2017. This page originally submitted on December 14, 2017, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. This page has been viewed 87 times since then and 36 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 14, 2017, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Better picture of marker. • Can you help?