Bandera in Bandera County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Old Huﬀmeyer Store
Built 1873 for E. Huffmeyer & brother, by B.F. Langford, Sr., contractor; of native stone.
Bandera's oldest building. Used over 30 years by W.J. Davenport, Sr., as general store. Damaged by fire, 1936.
Restored and remodeled by Thomas F. Boyle.
Erected 1967 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 3750.)
Location. 29° 43.466′ N, 99° 4.264′ W. Marker is in Bandera, Texas, in Bandera County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street (State Highway 173) and Cypress Street, on the right when traveling south on Main Street. Touch for map. Mounted near center of subject building's front side (facing Main St). Marker is at or near this postal address: 301 Main Street, Bandera TX 78003, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 5 other markers are within 12 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Camp Montel C.S.A. / Texas Civil War Frontier Defense (approx. 0.2 miles away); Bandera County Courthouse (approx. 0.2 miles away); Bandera Pass (approx. 9½ miles away); One Mile to Ruins of Camp Verde (approx. 11.9 miles away); Penateka Comanches (approx. 11.9 miles away).
Also see . . .
1. c1900 photograph of Old Huffmeyer Store's Cypress Street side. W.J. Davenport General Store era, with dirt streets (Submitted on December 15, 2017, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
2. c1965 photograph of Old Huffmeyer Store's Main Street side. much the same as it looks today (Submitted on December 15, 2017, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on December 17, 2017. This page originally submitted on December 15, 2017, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 61 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 15, 2017, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.