the territories of the
Cherokee • Creek • Osage
Tribes of Indians
join in a common boundary point
On June 2, 1825, the Osage Nation, under
treaty with the U.S. granted certain lands
to the government for the use and benefit
of the Cherokee and Creek Tribes who were
being removed from the Southern states.
This monument is to commemorate that treaty
and to mark that spot where lands
of the three Great Nations joined.
Erected 1935 by Tulsa Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 36° 9.67′ N, 96° 0.213′ W. Marker is in Tulsa, Oklahoma, in Tulsa County. Marker is at the intersection of Edison Street and Maybelle Avenue/Country Club Drive, on the left when traveling west on Edison Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: Owen Park, Tulsa OK 74127, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Pioneer Association Picnic Grounds 1921 Memorial (a few steps from this marker); Tulsa's Oldest House (within Washington Irving (approx. half a mile away); The Tulsa Race Riot of 1921 (approx. ¾ mile away); Tower of Reconciliation and Healing Walkway (approx. ¾ mile away); Mt. Zion Baptist Church (approx. ¾ mile away); John Hope Franklin Reconciliation Park (approx. 0.8 miles away); Booker T. Washington High School (approx. 0.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Tulsa.
Also see . . . Treaty with The Osage, June 2, 1825. (Submitted on December 16, 2017, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Native Americans • Peace • Politics •
Credits. This page was last revised on December 16, 2017. This page originally submitted on December 16, 2017, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 79 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on December 16, 2017, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.