Snyder in Scurry County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
First Christian Church
First building was erected on deep creek on land donated by A. C. Wilmeth. Some members had to wade creek after rains.
The church was octagonal in shape, but known as "Little Round Church." Membership growth, 1909, required removal and remodeling. In 1950, congregation doubled after oil discovery. The present church was erected in 1953.
Erected 1967 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 1702.)
Location. 32° 42.293′ N, 100° 55.735′ W. Marker is in Snyder, Texas, in Scurry County. Marker is on 37th Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2701 37th Street, Snyder TX 79549, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. E. W. Clark House (approx. 0.4 miles away); F. J. Grayum Home (approx. half a mile away); Towle House (approx. 0.7 miles away); The Prairie Dog (approx. 0.7 miles Scurry County Jail of 1912 (approx. 0.9 miles away); First Presbyterian Church (approx. 0.9 miles away); Channel of Deep Creek (approx. one mile away); First Methodist Church (approx. one mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Snyder.
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on December 21, 2017. This page originally submitted on December 21, 2017, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 65 times since then and 20 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 21, 2017, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona.