Columbia in Tolland County, Connecticut — The American Northeast (New England)
Eleazar Wheelock D.D.
Eleazar Wheelock D.D.
minister at Lebanon Crank
founded near this spot
Moor’s Indian Charity School
the school was removed to
Hanover New Hampshire
From this beginning arose
Eleazar Wheelock President 1769-1779
Erected 1949 by the Connecticut Society of the Colonial Dames of America.
Location. 41° 42.181′ N, 72° 18.159′ W. Marker is in Columbia, Connecticut, in Tolland County. Marker is at the intersection of Jonathan Trumbull Highway (Connecticut Route 87) and Rose Lane, on the right when traveling north on Jonathan Trumbull Highway. Touch for map. The marker is in front of the Columbia Congregational Church. Marker is in this post office area: Columbia CT 06237, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Moor’s Charity School (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Columbia (about 300 feet away); Eleazar Wheelock (approx. 3.1 miles away); Constitution Oak (approx. 4.1 miles away); WWII Japanese 37 mm anti-tank cannon history Captain Nathan Hale Monument (approx. 4˝ miles away); Dr. William Beaumont (approx. 5.7 miles away); Lebanon Revolutionary War Patriots (approx. 5.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Columbia.
Also see . . .
1. Eleazar Wheelock D.D. (Submitted on December 26, 2017, by Alan M. Perrie of Unionville, Connecticut.)
2. Eleazar Wheelock D.D. (Submitted on December 26, 2017, by Alan M. Perrie of Unionville, Connecticut.)
3. Dartmouth College. (Submitted on December 26, 2017, by Alan M. Perrie of Unionville, Connecticut.)
Categories. • Colonial Era • Education • Native Americans •
Credits. This page was last revised on December 28, 2017. This page originally submitted on December 26, 2017, by Alan M. Perrie of Unionville, Connecticut. This page has been viewed 68 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 26, 2017, by Alan M. Perrie of Unionville, Connecticut. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.