Romeville Post Oﬃce
This post office was originally located at Colomb in St. James Parish from 1889 to 1915 when it was discontinued. It was later named Romeville Post Office.
Post offices emerged inside of commissaries where people congregated and visited monthly for supplies. Around 1900, post offices were separated from commissaries and became individual buildings.
Donated by Dr. and Mrs Robert Judice and Robert Judice, Jr.
Erected by LSU Rural Life Museum. (Marker Number 30.)
Location. 30° 24.661′ N, 91° 6.938′ W. Marker is in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, in East Baton Rouge Parish. Marker can be reached from Essen Lane (State Road 3064) south of Interstate 10, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Located on the grounds of the LSU Rural Life Museum. Marker is at or near this postal address: 4560 Essen Lane, Baton Rouge LA 70808, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Farquhar Steam Engine Boiler (here, next to this marker); Commissary (here, next to this marker); Mound Place Pigeon Cote (within shouting distance of this marker); Schoolhouse (within shouting distance of this marker);
Also see . . . LSU Rural Life Museum. (Submitted on December 31, 2017, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana.)
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on December 31, 2017. This page originally submitted on December 31, 2017, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 63 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on December 31, 2017.