The Dalles in Wasco County, Oregon — The American West (Northwest)
Dr. and Mrs. Logan, uncle and aunt to Lay Carlisle occupied the house for a number of years. Lay and Marie Carlisle later became residents. Carlisle operated a jewelry store and bookstore on Second Street in The Dalles, beginning about 1927.
Erected by City of The Dalles.
Location. 45° 36.066′ N, 121° 11.14′ W. Marker is in The Dalles, Oregon, in Wasco County. Marker is at the intersection of West 4th Street and Union Street, on the left when traveling west on West 4th Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 100 West 4th Street, The Dalles OR 97058, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Methodist Parsonage (a few steps from this marker); Foley House (within shouting distance of this marker); Second Wasco County Courthouse (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); First Congregational Church Gates Hotel (about 400 feet away); The Dalles City Hall 1908 (about 500 feet away); Elks Temple (about 500 feet away); The Commodore (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in The Dalles.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on January 1, 2018. This page originally submitted on January 1, 2018, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 74 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on January 1, 2018, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California.