St. Augustine in Saint Johns County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
Second Spanish Colonial Period, Built ca. 1791
Erected by City of St. Augustine.
Location. 29° 53.281′ N, 81° 18.589′ W. Marker is in St. Augustine, Florida, in Saint Johns County. Marker is on St. Francis Street just west of Marine Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. This marker is located next to the Gonzalez Alvarez House marker. The actual house is located at St. Francis and Charlotte Streets. Marker is at or near this postal address: 22 St. Francis Street, Saint Augustine FL 32084, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. Gonzalez-Alvarez House (here, next to this marker); Four Centuries----Five Flags (a few steps from this marker); St. Francis Barracks (a few steps from this marker); a different marker also named Gonzalez-Alvarez House (within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named Tovar House (within shouting distance of this marker); Llambias House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Fernandez-Llambias House (about 300 feet away); Garcia-Dummett House (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in St. Augustine.
Also see . . . Photo tour of Tovar House. (Submitted on January 11, 2018, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida.)
Categories. • Architecture • Colonial Era •
Credits. This page was last revised on January 16, 2018. This page originally submitted on January 11, 2018, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. This page has been viewed 51 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on January 11, 2018, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.