St. Augustine in Saint Johns County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
First Spanish Colonial Period, Built 1727, enlarged after 1763
Designated as a National Historic Landmark by the U.S. Department of the Interior.
Erected by City of St. Augustine.
Location. 29° 53.281′ N, 81° 18.589′ W. Marker is in St. Augustine, Florida, in Saint Johns County. Marker is on St. Francis Street just west of Marine Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. The Tovar House marker is located next to this one. Marker is at or near this postal address: 14 St. Francis Street, Saint Augustine FL 32084, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Tovar House (here, next to Four Centuries----Five Flags (a few steps from this marker); St. Francis Barracks (a few steps from this marker); a different marker also named Gonzalez-Alvarez House (within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named Tovar House (within shouting distance of this marker); Llambias House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Fernandez-Llambias House (about 300 feet away); Garcia-Dummett House (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in St. Augustine.
Also see . . . Gonzalez-Alvarez House. (Submitted on January 11, 2018, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida.)
Categories. • Architecture • Colonial Era •
Credits. This page was last revised on January 16, 2018. This page originally submitted on January 11, 2018, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. This page has been viewed 56 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 11, 2018, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.