Sheridan-Kalorama in Washington, District of Columbia — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
—Call Box Restoration Project —
Educational institutions are part of Sheridan-Kalorama's history. Across the street is Our Lady Queen of the Americas Catholic Church. Built in 1904, it housed St. Rose's Industrial School, where orphaned girls were taught home economics. Later St. Ann's Infant Asylum, the Cathedral Latin School and Mackin Catholic High School occupied the site. The church is a cultural center for Washington's Latino population offering educational programs for many immigrants. Independent schools once located in the neighborhood include: Field, Holton-Arms, Maret, Potomac and Sheridan.
About the artist: Michael K. Ross, artist, is a sculptor and painter in the realist style.
Call box locator map: Decatur Pl. and 22nd St.
Erected by Cultural Tourism DC.
Location. 38° 54.97′ N, 77° 2.933′ W. Marker is in Sheridan-Kalorama, District of Columbia, in Washington. Marker is at the intersection of California Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2153 California St NW, Washington DC 20008, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Presidents (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Architects and Architecture (about 700 feet away); McClellan Memorial (about 700 feet away); Joel Barlow (about 700 feet away); Little Friar (about 700 feet away); Anthony Holmead Site (about 700 feet away); General Manuel Belgrano (approx. 0.2 miles away); President Reagan Assassination Attempt (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Sheridan-Kalorama.
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Education • Hispanic Americans •
Credits. This page was last revised on January 16, 2018. This page originally submitted on January 13, 2018, by Devry Becker Jones of Silver Spring, Maryland. This page has been viewed 64 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on January 13, 2018, by Devry Becker Jones of Silver Spring, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.