Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Puebla in Municipality of Puebla, Mexico — The Central Highlands
 

The José Luis Bello y González Museum

 
 
The José Luis Bello y González Museum Marker image. Click for full size.
By J. Makali Bruton, December 1, 2017
1. The José Luis Bello y González Museum Marker
Inscription.

Museo José Luis Bello y González
Resguarda una de las colecciones artísticas con mayor prestigio de México, constituida por 3028 piezas acopiadas por el industrial poblano José Luis Bello y González y por su hijo José Mariano Bello y Acedo. Reúne obras de América, Europa y Asía de géneros diversos: óleos, talavera, arte plumaria, ebanístería, porcelana, marfiles, cristales, metales, etc.

A la muerte de Mariano Bello su esposa Guadalupe Grajales, donó la colección para beneficio de los poblanos. En 1941, el goblerno estatal adquiere la propiedad, que no estaba en la donación, para inaugurar formalmente el museo el 21 de Julio de 1944.

Así funcionó hasta los terremotos de 1999, que cimbraron el edificio. Después de cinco años de trabajos de rehabilitación, restauración y adecuación, en Noviembre de 2009 fue abierto al público.

English:
The José Luis Bello y González Museum
The museum preserves one of the most prestigious art collections in Méxíco, consisting of 3028 pieces collected by the poblano industrial José Luis Bello y González and by his son José Mariano Bello y Acedo.

It reunites works from America, Europe and Asia of various genres: oil paintings, talavera, feather art woodwork, porcelain, ivory, glass, metal, etc. Upon the death of Mariano Bello, his
The José Luis Bello y González Museum and Marker image. Click for full size.
By J. Makali Bruton, December 1, 2017
2. The José Luis Bello y González Museum and Marker
wife, Guadalupe Grajales donated the collection for the benefit of the people of Puebla. In 1941, the state government acquired the property, which was not part of the donation, and the museum was formally inaugurated on July 21st, 1944.

It continued this way until the earthquakes of 1999, which damage the building. After five years of restoration, rehabilitation and restoration, it was opened to the public in November, 2009.
 
Erected by Gobierno Municipal de Puebla.
 
Location. 19° 2.678′ N, 98° 12.044′ W. Marker is in Puebla, Puebla, in Municipality of Puebla. Marker is on Avenida 3 Poniente just west of Calle 3 Sur, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Puebla 72000, Mexico.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Saint Augustine Church (about 180 meters away, measured in a direct line); The House of the Little Heads (about 240 meters away); The Main Square and Fountain of San Miguel (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); The Municipal Palace (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); Granting the Coat of Arms to the City of Angels (1538) (approx. 0.4 kilometers away); Portal Hidalgo (approx. 0.4 kilometers away); The Old Portal of the Audience (approx. 0.4 kilometers away); The Oriental Bank Building (approx. 0.4 kilometers away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Puebla.
 
Categories. Arts, Letters, MusicMan-Made Features
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on January 17, 2018. This page originally submitted on January 17, 2018, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. This page has been viewed 41 times since then. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on January 17, 2018, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico.
Paid Advertisement