Roswell in Fulton County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Land for Waller Park was given to fulton County in 1946 by James Isaac Wright in memory of his uncle, J.H. Wright, who had founded and operated (1896-1913) a water-powered pants factory on this site under the name of the Oxbow Falls Manufacturing Company.
Fulton County developed the park to include a swimming pool, bathhouse, picnic areas, a softball field, and a nature trail to the site of the old pants factory. Fulton County deeded the park to the City of Roswell in 1953.
In 1970 the Roswell Jaycees added a modular building to the site for a gymnasium. Today, this park is part of the Roswell Parks and Recreation Department.
Erected by The Roswell Historical Society.
Location. 34° 1.215′ N, 84° 21.209′ W. Marker is in Roswell, Georgia, in Fulton County. Marker is on Oak Street 0.1 miles east of Myrtle Street, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. The marker stands at the entrance to the parking lot for the Waller Park Gymnasium. Marker is at or near this postal address: 250 Oak Street, Roswell GA 30075, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. A different marker also named Waller Park (within shouting distance of this marker); Zion Missionary Baptist Church Founders' Cemetery (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Archibald Smith Plantation Home, Outbuildings and Grounds (approx. 0.4 miles away); Pleasant Hill Baptist Church (approx. half a mile away); Roswell’s Distinguished Men (approx. half a mile away); Francis J. Minhinnett House (approx. half a mile away); Roswell Factory (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Roswell.
Categories. • Parks & Recreational Areas •
Credits. This page was last revised on January 21, 2018. This page originally submitted on January 19, 2018, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 50 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 19, 2018, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia.