Eulonia in McIntosh County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
John Houstoun McIntosh
In 1825, he began intensive cultivation of sugar cane on his plantation in Camden County, and there installed the first horizontal sugar mill ever worked by cattle power.
Erected 1957 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 095-13.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 31° 33.127′ N, 81° 25.328′ W. Marker is in Eulonia, Georgia, in McIntosh County. Marker is on Ocean Highway (U.S. 17), on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Between Pine Harbor and Fair Hope Roads. Marker is in this post office area: Crescent GA 31304, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Rice Hope (within shouting distance of this marker); Old Court House at Sapelo Bridge Colonel John McIntosh (approx. 2.7 miles away); Captain William McIntosh (approx. 2.7 miles away); Mallow Plantation (approx. 2.8 miles away); Old Belleville or Troup Cemetery (approx. 3.7 miles away); Capture of 23 Old Men in 1864 (was approx. 4.3 miles away but has been reported missing. ); Baisden's Bluff Academy (approx. 4.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Eulonia.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Military • Notable Persons • Wars, US Indian •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 10, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 1,307 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 10, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.