Cisco in Eastland County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
First United Methodist Church of Cisco
The population growth of Cisco during the Eastland County oil boom made the sanctuary obsolete, and in 1919 work began on a new church building. The Rev. Lewis N. Stuckey conducted the first services when the edifice was dedicated late in 1920.
On two separate occasions Cisco headed a district for the Central Texas Methodist Conference until consolidation with Brownwood in 1974.
Erected 1980 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 1883.)
Location. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 405 W. 8th St, Cisco TX 76437, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. First Presbyterian Church of Cisco (approx. 0.2 miles away); First Baptist Church of Cisco (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Bankhead Highway (approx. ¼ mile away); First National Bank (approx. ¼ mile away); Old Mobley Hotel (approx. 0.4 miles away); Oakwood Cemetery (approx. 0.6 miles away); Cisco College (approx. one mile away); Dothan Cemetery (approx. 7.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Cisco.
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Disasters •
Credits. This page was last revised on January 30, 2018. This page originally submitted on January 30, 2018, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page has been viewed 75 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on January 30, 2018, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas.