Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Lewisberry in York County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Lewisberry

 
 
Lewisberry Marker image. Click for full size.
By William Fischer, Jr., February 3, 2018
1. Lewisberry Marker
Inscription.

Named for
Eli Lewis

Founded
1734


 
Location. 40° 8.158′ N, 76° 51.582′ W. Marker is in Lewisberry, Pennsylvania, in York County. Marker is at the intersection of Market Street (Pennsylvania Route 177) and 3rd Street, on the right when traveling south on Market Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lewisberry PA 17339, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. World War II Honor Roll (here, next to this marker); Veterans Memorial (here, next to this marker); Dr. Homer C. Hetrick, M. D. (a few steps from this marker); Lewisberry High School (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); First Pinchot Road (approx. 1 miles away); Marcus A. Reno (approx. 6.2 miles away); John W. Geary (approx. 6.3 miles away); Col. James Burd (approx. 6.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lewisberry.
 
More about this marker. This former borough limits sign has been moved to a pocket park near the town center.
 
Also see . . .  Lewisberry History. (Submitted on February 4, 2018, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
 
Categories. Settlements & Settlers
 
Lewisberry Park Markers image. Click for full size.
By William Fischer, Jr., February 3, 2018
2. Lewisberry Park Markers
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on February 4, 2018. This page originally submitted on February 4, 2018, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 47 times since then. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on February 4, 2018, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.
Paid Advertisement